King Charles Reportedly Welcomes Harry and Meghan’s Planned Return to Britain

King Charles is said to be pleased by the prospect of seeing more of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their children as reports suggest the Sussex family is preparing to relocate to Britain.
According to reports published on August 19, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to return to the UK with Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, before the end of the month. The move would come six years after Harry and Meghan stepped back from royal duties and established a new life in California.
The King has not commented publicly on the reported plans. However, the Press Association reports that Charles “welcomes the opportunity to see more of the family” on a personal basis.
William and Kate Were Reportedly Informed
The Prince and Princess of Wales are also believed to have been told about the Sussexes’ plans before the news became public.
Harry and Meghan’s return is not expected to represent a reversal of their decision to leave life as working members of the Royal Family. Reports indicate that neither is preparing to resume official royal duties.
Instead, the couple is expected to establish a private family life in Britain.
They are also reportedly planning to live in a privately owned residence rather than on a royal estate. The location has not been disclosed.
Archie and Lilibet Expected to Attend School in Britain
Another significant part of the reported move concerns the couple’s children.
Archie and Lilibet are believed to have already been enrolled in schools ahead of the new academic year in September. Details about the schools have been kept private.
For Archie, the move would mark a return to the country where he spent the earliest months of his life. Lilibet, meanwhile, was born in the United States and has visited Britain only a small number of times.
Her first reported visit came in 2022, when the family travelled to the UK around the time of her first birthday.
The Sussexes most recently visited Britain together in July 2026, although Harry was the only member of the family to make public appearances during that trip.
Sussexes Expected to Keep Their Overseas Properties

Despite plans to make Britain their permanent home again, Harry and Meghan are reportedly not preparing to give up all of their overseas ties.
They are said to intend to retain their Montecito home in California as well as their holiday property in Portugal.
The arrangement would therefore mark a significant change in where the family spends most of its time without necessarily representing a complete departure from the life the Sussexes have built outside Britain.
The Move Follows Harry’s Reunion With King Charles

Reports of the relocation have emerged only weeks after Harry reunited with his father at Highgrove.
The meeting took place on July 10 and was described as a successful reunion. Subsequent reports suggested that Harry, 41, was hoping to spend considerably more time in Britain.
However, the Sussexes are not believed to have discussed their plans to move back to the UK with Charles during that meeting. The King was reportedly informed only days before news of the proposed relocation emerged publicly.
That timing is particularly notable given the strained relationship that has surrounded Harry and other members of the Royal Family since his departure from royal duties.
Harry has also previously raised concerns about bringing his wife and children to Britain, saying that he did not consider the country sufficiently safe for his family.
Despite those earlier concerns, the latest reports suggest the Sussexes are now preparing for a much more substantial return.
For Charles, the development could mean something considerably more personal than a change in royal arrangements: more opportunities to spend time with his younger son and grandchildren.